The role of the STD Prevention Program Intern is to provide administrative and programmatic support to the STD Program.
The Fall 2015 internship, based in the Los Angeles CFHC office, will primarily involve working with community-based partners to conduct a qualitative evaluation of a sexual and reproductive health education project. Additional tasks may be assigned based on the interests of the intern candidate. This is an unpaid, limited-term internship that will provide you with the opportunity to be part of CFHC’s STD Prevention Program and strengthen your evaluation skills.
- Assist in the implementation of a qualitative evaluation of a current community-based sexual and reproductive health education project.
- Additional tasks may be assigned based upon project needs and interests of the intern.
- Current Masters student with training/experience in program evaluation, particularly qualitative evaluation
- Knowledge of STDs and reproductive / sexual health
- Experience with program evaluation and / or needs assessment projects
- Experience conducting interviews / focus groups
- Advanced writing and communication skills
- English and Spanish fluency required
- Strengthen program evaluation skills through the implementation of a qualitative evaluation of a current health project in Los Angeles.
- Increase knowledge of community-based STD prevention initiatives in Los Angeles.
- Network and establish professional contacts within the Los Angeles sexual and reproductive health sector.