The role of the STD Program Intern is to provide administrative and programmatic support to the STD Program. Past and current internship projects include creating educational toolkits and materials, analyzing Title X services at health centers, and spearheading program evaluations to assess the impact of CFHC projects and interventions . Internships often include analysis of quantitative and qualitative data conducting background research or literature reviews and opportunities to use public health framework to enhance STD prevention and positive case management throughout California.
California Family Health Council (CFHC) works in close partnership with the California STD Control Branch, Los Angeles County Division of HIV and STD Programs, providers, and community based organizations to implement best practices in STD prevention and case management to reduce the spread of STDs throughout California. The primary focus of CFHC's STD Program is the prevention of chlamydia, gonorrhea, HPV and HIV.
- Interest in STIs and reproductive / sexual health
- Experience working with program evaluation and/ or needs assessment projects
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, social media platforms, Word,Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of epidemiological based research models and application in public health settings
- Advanced writing and communication skills
- Experience conducting data analysis